With years of experience, we have been delivering BI consulting to make sure you enjoy the BI solution that fully satisfies your business needs. If you are just setting off on your BI journey, our consultants can help you develop your individual BI strategy, as well as support you throughout all the subsequent stages of the project until your BI system is successfully adopted. And if you are in the middle of your BI adventure, we can help you improve the existing BI solution, in case you are experiencing troubles with it. In a word, we are ready to help regardless of the stage you are at.
Our BI consultants provide comprehensive services that can be extremely important in understanding the critical business metrics and analytics, helping to eliminate wasted time, money and effort, and allows business leaders to make more informed strategic decisions. With these goals in mind, our consulting engagements focus on delivery of a specific work product, whether it’s a strategy or solution, and managing that endeavor to its completion.
How We Can Help You Solve Your Challenges
BI strategy design
Challenges: You decided to start a BI project from scratch or you are on the verge of an important change, for example, a merger or an acquisition, but you are not sure what steps you should take.
What we can do:
Challenges: You have a vision of a future BI solution, but are not sure how to bring it to life. Or you have flexibility problems with your current BI solution, which leads to your IT department getting endless requests for custom reports.
What we can do:
Challenge: Your users have to constantly switch numerous tools to perform different analytical tasks. Sometimes, they even spot mismatches in the reports they get.
What we can do:
Challenge: Your BI system has become out-of-date and doesn’t cope with satisfying your current needs.
What we can do:
Challenge: Your BI solution lacks business-critical functionality. For example, a revenue report is tuned for only one of many business directions your company runs.
What we can do:
Data governance & data quality
Challenge: You have to make business decisions relying on the reports that you don’t fully trust. You can’t be sure that your data is complete, up-to-date and error-free.
What we can do:
Why Choose Opus Solution?
- Years of experience in BI consulting
- Microsoft Silver Partner
- Agile consulting and implementation methodology
- Collaborative, client-focused approach
- Competitive rates for BI consultants developers and architects
- In-house, front-end specialists including: Business Analysts, UX/UI Experts, Creative Designers
- In-house, front-end specialists for business analysis, user experience and user interfaces
- Proven track record of successful project delivery
- Rapid, cost-effective services for business intelligence consulting
- Thorough quality assurance testing before “Go Live” events
- Unparalleled open technology expertise
We Know How to Turn Your Diverse Data into Actionable Insights
Whatever industry you represent, be sure that we understand the specifics of your business and know how to transform your enterprise-wide data into valuable insights. With us, you’ll be able to take good care of:
- Customer data to understand customer behavior and preferences, identify opportunities for cross- and up-selling, as well as plan targeted marketing campaigns.
- Production data to identify focus categories and control production volume leaps.
- Financial data to ensure your business’ financial health and provide accurate forecasting tools to predict sales and cash flow.
- Operational data to monitor key performance indicators and compare them against industry benchmarks.
- Supply chain data to choose the optimal sourcing, monitor lead times and closely track unreliable suppliers.
- HR data to control termination dates of employment contracts to provide for timely extensions, plan personnel costs and allocate human resources efficiently.
- Medical data to balance quality care and moderate costs, identify weak points in clinical processes and remedy them, predict patient satisfaction gaps and improve patient experience
With many years of experience, Opus Solution has been delivering business intelligence (BI) solutions that cover the needs of both business users and business analysts. The former need predefined reports, the latter value flexibility, and we know how to combine the required features into one solution.
BI software that we offer encompasses:
- Data collection from different sources
- Data parsing, cleaning and integration
- Data warehouse and ETL
- Online analytical processing (OLAP) for exploratory data analysis
- Predefined reports and dashboards
Customized BI Solutions
We take business needs of a particular customer as a core of a BI solution and fill it with relevant features.
|Customer analysisSample features:
||Marketing analysisSample features:
|Sales analysisSample features:
||Ecommerce analysisSample features:
Process-related BI solutions
- KPI status vs. target
- Alerts when not reaching the target
- Department and employee performance analysis
- Root cause analysis
- Forecast of production levels
- Analysis of quality assurance efficiency
- Cost efficiency analysis
- Asset analysis
- Payroll analysis
- Compensation analysis
- Talent management analysis
- Absenteeism analysis
We deliver business intelligence solutions that allow companies to analyze data from multiple sources (typically, 20 – 30) to get a complete picture of their business.
- ERP modules (Finance, Accounting, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Warehouse management system
- Website logs
- Sensors, controllers
- Customer surveys/questionnaires, market research
- Time tracking system
- Global positioning system
- Social media
- Customer mobile apps
- Сall-centers records
- Official stats
Typical Stages and Their Duration for Midsized BI Solutions
Discovery (1-3 days). During this stage, we scrutinize the short-term and long-term business goals. We check the as-is situation (the available data sources and existing IT environment) and then identify gaps and possibilities for improvement.
Customized demo (1-5 days). We transform the customer’s needs into a demo, based on either real or demo data. Thus, our customers can see their future BI solutions in action.
Contract signing. We agree on the solution features, provide our customers with the estimations based on their requirements and allocate a BI team.
Delivery of a customized BI solution (2-3 weeks).
Being the partner of Microsoft, we keep up with best practices in delivering business intelligence solutions, both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
- Microsoft SQL Server
Business Intelligence Training is a key part of ERP evaluation and selection. The value of business intelligence is directly proportional to its level of adoption within the enterprise. Successful adoption requires training.
Components of Business Intelligence Training for Users and Administrators
- Understand Dashboards and drill to detail reports
- Filter and Group reports to understand business performance in their area
- “Drill about” in analysis cubes to understand performance drivers
- Author new reports
- Author new dashboards
- Author new analyses and cubes
- Design and develop new data warehouse elements
- Design and develop data warehouse ETL control logic
Ultra BI training services include the training necessary for your key personnel to become proficient in navigating and digesting the information made available through your new business intelligence system.
Business Intelligence Training Next Steps
Business Intelligence training elevates the conversation to much more than a discussion of ERP reports and dashboards.
Training takes into consideration overall business information needs, with the alignment of business intelligence requirements to enhance business process improvement.
A strategic approach to business intelligence training helps prioritize business requirements, increase transparency, and promote user access to key information.
A new ERP system will not provide a clear BI strategy. Nor is it effective simply to tack on business intelligence software. Of course the ERP system holds the data and provides the software tools and canned reports, but simply installing a new solution is not a replacement for a well-thought out strategy.
Training, and encourage user adoption, is key to success.
‘Getting Started’ – One Day Power BI Course
- Understand the difference between the Power BI (PBI) Desktop application and the PBI Service.
- Learn how to connect PBI Desktop to various data sources and perform transformations on the data in preparation for analysis.
- Learn about data types and applying formats to the data. Also, learn about Data Categories and Setting Default Summarisations.
- Create various reports using: charts, tables, slicers, filters, drill-down and drill-through features to maximise the report canvas and the user experience.
- Publish reports to a nominated Group in the PBI Service.
- Create a dashboard based on tiles from published reports and share them with colleagues.
- Learn how PBI Desktop performs compression on the data when it’s imported. This knowledge will help delegates to build robust and effective data models.
- Learn about two of the key principles that under-pin how Power BI aggregates data – these are called Row-Context & Filter Context.
- Learn how to append data from one table to another.
- Learn how to create relationships between tables and also learn about the concept of Filter Flow.
- Learn the basics of Data Modelling and the difference between Dimension and Fact tables.
- Learn how to use some of the common DAX functions.
- Learn the difference between Calculated Columns and Measures and when to use them for maximum efficiency.
- Learn how to build reports and aggregate totals by various chronological categories, such as year, month, quarter etc.
‘Intermediate’ – One Day Power BI Course
- Learn how to build a relational data model from an Excel flat file.
- Learn how to build reports and aggregate totals on various chronological categories, such as ‘year’, ‘month’, ‘quarter’ etc.
- Publish a report to the PBI Service and create a Dashboard.
- Build a report and create some statistical analysis using publicly available data.
- Learn the top ’10 Tips’ for designing meaningful reports.
- Review some of the latest Power BI functionality and how to use them to enhance the users’ experience.
- Review course content in preparation for the PM session where delegates will build their own reports from scratch and publish them to the Service.
- Putting into practice what’s been learnt:
- Delegates will create a series of reports using an Odata feed and publish them to the PBI Service and share them with colleagues. The tutor will be available to support delegates but in essence this is a chance for them to put into practice the things they’ve learnt during the course. There should be at least two pages in the report – Page One should be a summary report and Page Two a detailed report linked to the summary.
- Delegates will be issued with a list of components (tiles) that must be incorporated into their reports.
- Delegates will be asked to answer a number of questions that they should be able to glean from their reports.
- Review course content and what’s been learnt.